IMPORTANT CONSIDERATIONS WHY YOU SHOULD OPT FOR LED LIGHTING OVER TRADITIONAL HID AND FLUORESCENT
- Long life, low maintenance cost.
- Extended lumen maintenance – HID and Fluorescent lamps have a far shorter life with higher lumen depreciation meaning lamp changes have to be made far more frequently (as often as every 9 months for HID) in order to maintain the required light level.
- Fully dimmable – Being able to fully dim LEDs makes for greater energy savings and extended lifetime as well as operating in conjunction with sensor controls.
- Glass and mercury free – Unlike fluorescent and HID lamps, LEDs have no brittle glass casing. This combined with being mercury free makes them the ideal choice for food safe environments where contamination must be avoided.
- Rugged durability and reliability – LED lights have no fragile filament or tube. They are generally more resistant to cold temperatures and shock, relative to HID and fluorescent lamps.
- Flicker free operation – Switch start and discharge luminaires exhibit flicker whilst in operation. This stroboscopic effect can be dangerous in areas with moving or rotating machinery and can also trigger epilepsy. LEDs operate with no flicker.
- No UV or IR – LEDs produce no Ultraviolet or Infrared which offers wider application potential.
Instant light – LEDs have no ‘run-up’ period or re-strike delay which can occur with HID lighting. Unlike fluorescent and HID lamps, LEDs are not affected by switching. Therefore, regardless of switching cycles LED life will remain the same